Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tiger doesn't let his kids beat him

"We have a lot of putting contests. I can't bend down to pick up the ball out of the hole, so we sand-filled all the holes so you can still putt to a hole. He's getting pretty good and is starting to understand speed and break. That's not something that is easy to pick up. I have my greens running about 13 on the Stimpmeter every day, so your feel has to be a little better. If Sam and Charlie beat me, they're going to earn it. That's how Pop was with me, and I think that's how it should be."

This is classic Tiger. When asked about whether he lets his son beat him in putting contest the answer is no. Plain and simple. The greens they're putting on are a 13 on the Stimpmeter! That's what I like to call a fast green. That's like putting on an ice rink. That's faster than the speed of light basically. If you were to putt on that green and turn on a light switch, the ball would roll in the hole before the light turned on. Oh, and let me remind you that these kids aren't even 10 yet. That's what happens when you're dad is the best golfer in the history of the game I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment